Know My Midwife Program
The Know My Midwife program gives mums-to-be the very best in Midwifery Continuity of Care through the coordination of regular antenatal appointments, care in labour and birth, as well as postnatal care, with our highly experienced Pindara Private Hospital Know My Midwife team of Midwives and your chosen Obstetrician.
This program gives you the opportunity to form meaningful and trusted relationships with those who will be with you on your path to childbirth.
How does the Know My Midwife Program work?
Once we have received your completed Know My Midwife form a referral from your Obstetrician, the Midwife will contact you to arrange an antenatal appointment to meet you.
The Know My Midwife team of Midwives and your Obstetrician will share your care. They will provide you and your loved ones with individual support and follow you through your journey into motherhood.
There is no out of pocket cost to participate in the Know My Midwife program and appointments are held in the Pindara Maternity Unit located in the hospital.
What does Know My Midwife offer?
- Midwifery care by highly skilled Midwives
- Midwifery team Continuity of Care
- Shared-care experience
- Support for mothers-to-be & partners
- Antenatal Care
- Antenatal Classes
- Labour & Birth Care
- Postnatal care up to 6 weeks
- Parenting education & support
- Breastfeeding education & support
- Access to Women's Health Physiotherapist, Lactation Consultants and Postnatal Clinic at Pindara Private Hospital
How do I participate in the Know My Midwife program?
- Chose to have your baby at Pindara Private Hospital
- Discuss the Know My Midwife program with your Obstetrician (from as early as your first appointment).
- Contact the Pindara Private Hospital Maternity Unit as early as possible
Pindara Maternity Unit
Phone: (07) 5588 9401
If you are interested in participating in the Know My Midwife program please fill out the form below and we will be in touch shortly.
What is your due date