Pindara Private Hospital is an acute medical/surgical and maternity hospital serving the northern end of the Gold Coast. We have been a leading healthcare provider for this community for more than 45 years.
Pindara has recently completed a Stage 2 expansion with the opening of the Dr David Lindsay Wing, featuring four luxurious wards with spacious private ensuited rooms; a cutting edge Hybrid theatre and 2 operating theatres; and new kitchen facilities.
This brings the total number of licensed beds at Pindara to 348. The Hospital is serviced by 19 onsite operating theatres, a cardiac catheterisation lab, a 9 bed ICU and a 5 Bed CCU; four delivery suites, 25 maternity beds and a 16 cot special care nursery, a specialised 13 bed paediatrics ward; as well as modern ward accommodation for medical and surgical patients.
Our staff are dedicated to providing the highest standard of care to patients. Patient health, safety and comfort are the hospital's main priorities. All departments are staffed by experienced and skilled health care professionals, who are familiar with the latest developments and research in their respective fields.
Pindara maintains accreditation against the NSQHS National Standards, and continually monitors and evaluates its performance to achieve this outcome.
Our healthcare services include:
- 24 hour Emergency and Cardiac Centre
- Cardiac and Coronary Care supported by Cardiac Catheter Laboratory
- Obstetrics, Gynaecology and IVF
- Day, General, Ear Nose & Throat (ENT), Orthopaedic, Breast, Bariatric/Obesity, Colorectal, Plastic, Vascular Surgery, Neurosurgery and Neuro intervention
- Respiratory Medicine supported by a lung function laboratory
- Gastroenterology supported by a dedicated endoscopy unit
- General Medicine
- Day oncology
- Renal dialysis Unit
- Chronic Pain Unit
- Rehabilitation Unit - now located at the new Southport Private Hospital
- Day procedure
- Intensive Care Unit
- Spinal Surgery
Pindara is supported by cutting-edge, on-site radiology and pathology services for the convenience of the community.
Where are we located?
Pindara Private Hospital is conveniently located in Benowa, approximately 4 kilometres from Surfers Paradise. The hospital is easily accessible by road and from all the major arterial roads including the M1, Gold Coast Highway and Bundall Road. The hospital is also well serviced by public transport.