Pindara Rehabilitation Day Program
WHAT IS DAY REHABILITATION?
It is a program designed to meet your rehabilitation needs which will help you to recover and assist you to live independently in the community or prepare you to return to leisure, work or other lifestyle pursuits.
WHO COULD BENEFIT FROM THE PINDARA REHABILITATION DAY PROGRAM?
Any person who requires ongoing treatment to promote their recovery following illness, injury or surgery can benefit from the program. The primary treatment goal will be an improvement in functional status.
The types of programs offered include:
- Orthopaedic and Musculoskeletal
- Falls Prevention
WHAT DOES THE PROGRAM INVOLVE?
Programs vary depending on your requirements but may include Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Psychology, Speech Pathology, Social Work and groups such as Falls Prevention.
HOW OFTEN DO I COME?
Most patients come twice a week for several weeks, but this can vary depending on the treatment needs and the doctor’s recommendations
What do I need to bring on the Day Program?
- Comfortable clothing and enclosed supportive shoes
- On the first day please bring relevant X-rays, medical reports, private health fund and Medicare card
- Light lunch, tea and coffee are complimentary
- If you require assistance for mobility and self-care please bring a family, friend or carer with you
WHO PAYS FOR IT?
In most instances the health fund will cover the cost of the program. We always check with the health fund to make sure there is no excess or co-payments, and if there are, we discuss this with you before proceeding.
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION?
Call the Day Program Office on 5588 9868