For Visitors: Pindara Private Hospital Visiting Hours
Pindara Private Hospital Visiting Hours
11.00am – 1.00pm
4.00pm – 8.00pm
Visiting outside these hours is by arrangement only.
1.00 pm – 3.00pm
10 am - 12 midday
4 pm – 6 pm
Please consult with staff before bringing children into the Unit. This is to ensure that patients can have tests performed in that time and you can then have time with your family member/friend at the bedside. The visiting hours can vary if your family member/friend’s condition is serious. If you feel visiting hours are not appropriate or you are not being fairly treated please make an appointment to see the Nurse Unit manager as soon as possible.
To ensure patients are nursed in a safe and comfortable environment we ask all visitors to assist in the following:
- Wash hands on entering the unit to prevent the spread of infection and wash again on exiting the unit if you have touched the patient;
- Only two visitors are permitted at the bedside at any one time;
- Limit each visit to only one hour as visits are often tiring for the patient;
- Please consult with staff before bringing young children into the unit;
- An appointment can be made with the treating doctor if you wish for clarification on your family member/friend’s condition. You will need to ask the nurse who is at the bedside on the day.
- If you have a cold or you are unwell it would be recommended that you discuss your health status with staff before visiting the patient.
Within the unit is a waiting room for you that can also be used for family conferences with the doctors. Adjacent to this area is the public toilets.
Most wards have a lounge area or courtyard available to patients and their visitors. Food and refreshments are available within the hospital. Please refer to ‘Internal Services’.
Toilets are located in the Front Reception and adjacent to the Admission Centre. Please do not use the patient’s ensuite facilities.
The hospital does not encourage relatives to stay overnight unless a patient’s condition warrants this. If you would like to make such arrangements, please discuss this with the Manager of the ward. A fee applies.
Visitor Code of Conduct
Pindara has developed a Code of Conduct so that visitors understand that a certain level of behaviour is expected and hospital staff understand their rights in order to protect patients, staff and other visitors.
All visitors to Pindara have the following obligations to other visitors, patients, doctors and hospital staff:
- Keep noise to a minimum so as not to disturb others.
- To comply with lawful requests by Medical Practitioners and Hospital Staff.
- Not to smoke within the hospital.
- Not to consume alcohol on the premises – unless authorised by the Manager of the ward.
- Respect the property of others and not to damage or misuse the property.
- Be courteous and polite.
- Show consideration and respect for the dignity and privacy of other patients.
- To keep children under control at all times.
- Comply with visiting times.
Where hospital staff believe visitors behaviour to be improper, staff may:
- Request visitors to behave in accordance with this Code of Conduct.
- Request visitors to leave the Hospital.
- Take all reasonable and necessary action to escort offenders from the Hospital premises and to ensure that they do not return to the Hospital. Pindara Private Hospital reserves its rights to take any action which may be necessary to prevent any disruption by any persons upon the Hospital premises and by entering upon the premises all visitors accept this Code of Conduct.
Visitors are asked to consult with the nursing staff before giving patients gifts of food or drink as some items may compromise the patient’s treatment or tests.